Monday, April 5, 2010

Giving it a shot

The new plumbing was installed 6 nights ago.  They removed George, my stoma, and wired up a pouch using my small intestine and connected it to my rectal cuff.  I have been on fluids until now and things have gone surprisingly well so far!

15 minutes ago I took my first bite of food in a week.  I am so excited to see if this egg sandwich will come out the other end, properly, without drama.  I dream of being able to go less than 8X a day.  Not having to run to the toilet or think about changing my appliance.  I dream of not having more inflammatory bowel disease.  I dream of not  having my lungs and skin and whatever else be inflamed and battered.

I have no idea if this thing will work but am willing to give it a shot.  If we can stay out of the hospital for a few more years, that would be a huge success.  

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I was wondering how you were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! I am wishing you and your egg salad sandwich luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did your stoma get the name George? Did you name it after Uncle George? I think he would be honored !! I hope I get named in there somewere too!

    ReplyDelete